Last revised 22 May 2007
The purpose of this website is to provide useful professional information to practicing pathologists and related personnel, as quickly as possible.
· Access to the website is absolutely free. The website is entirely supported by advertising.
· The website pages are full-text searchable, either by using the search features of your browser, or the Search box on our Home page.
· PathologyOutlines.com does not require registration, and does not ask for personal information to gain access to the features of the website. Further, PathologyOutlines.com does not make any personal information available to advertisers.
· Special attention to text formatting makes the website easy to navigate, with a minimal number of clicks.
Specific features for pathologists
· A regularly updated, comprehensive online textbook of surgical and clinical pathology, with extensive links to images (gross, microscopic, molecular), virtual slides and references. Chapters include the usual topics in pathology textbooks, as well as separate listings for CD Markers and Immunohistochemical and other Stains. The Website Statistics page (click the button on the left side of the Home Page) lists, for each chapter, the date of the most recent update, the current number of pages (text only), and the number of image links, virtual slides and reference links. We link only to images that do not require registration to view. We also prefer references with free full text, which are listed in dark green. New chapters are added regularly, and our goal is to update each chapter once a year. The chapters are based on material listed under “Primary references” for each chapter. Newly updated chapters are reviewed independently by the Reviewer listed at the top of the chapter.
· A list of pathologist job ads, organized by location, with separate lists of recently posted jobs, part time or locums jobs and open pathology residency slots. Job related advice from other pathologists is also posted on this page. We also list laboratory (non-pathologist) job openings.
· A regularly updated, extensive list of pathology related conferences, organized by date, with links to further information.
· A regularly updated, extensive list of pathology related fellowships, organized by subspecialty and by location, with links to further information.
· A regularly updated, extensive list of pathology related books, organized by subspecialty and author, with recently published titles listed separately. The books are also linked to published book reviews. Discounts are available from select publishers, as well as Amazon.com.
· Case of the week with images and references.
· Buyers guide listing information about advertisers for particular products, including contact information.
· New products page, providing announcements about new products and services of interest to pathologists.
· Email subscription service for Case of the Week, Pathologist jobs (biweekly), Laboratory jobs (biweekly), monthly updates about the website, new books (monthly), and our newsletter (twice a year).
· The opportunity to advertise Jobs, Fellowships, Conferences or Consultation Services for a one time, reasonable fee, with rapid posting of advertisements.
· Non offensive advertisements from companies providing products and services to pathologists.
To learn how you can help support the website, click here.
This website, which began in August 2001, is owned and managed by Nat Pernick, M.D., a practicing AP/CP boarded pathologist who has worked with computers since 1974. He welcomes your comments and suggestions by telephone to 248/646-0325 or email to NPernick@PathologyOutlines.com.
Articles about our website
June 2005, Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine: Talmon: “The Internet for pathologists: a simple schema for evaluating pathology-related Web sites and a catalog of sites useful for practicing pathologists”; Archives 2005;129:742 (rates various websites, including ours)
September 2004, APIII conference, E-poster, Honorable Mention: Click here to view.
July 2004, CAP Today, page 137 (by Seth Haber): "Several Web sites are devoted to the needs of pathologists in teaching, training, job seeking, and practice. One of the most useful I've found, www.PathologyOutlines.com, is an obvious labor of love by Nat Pernick, MD, of Bingham Farms, Mich., using the University of Iowa's Web site. It includes most of an updatable, 41-chapter online/outline textbook, with a lot of good illustrations, references, and links."
October 2002, APIII conference, E-Poster: Click here to view (use your browser and search for “Pernick”)
Please contact us with any questions, suggestions or comments:
Nat Pernick, M.D., President
30100 Telegraph, Suite 404
Bingham Farms, Michigan (USA) 48025
Telephone: (248) 646-0325
-- End --