CME Jobs Conferences Fellowships Books
CME (Continuing Medical Education)
CME Listings from American Society of Clinical Pathology
• Lab Management University, self-paced online CE certificate program. Up to 25 credits.
• Patient Safety, online CE for Pathologists, meets MOC requirement in 5 hrs. 5 CME/SAM credits.
• Online CE 10-Credit Pack, choose from hundreds of online courses. 1-2 CME/SAM credits each.
• SAM & CME for MOC, explore education options.
• The Diagnosis, Classification, & Clinical Care of Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma, free CE. Up to 16 credits.
• A Comprehensive Guide to Prostate Diagnosis, online CE course. 4.25 CME/SAM credits.
• Pathologist Recertification Individualized Self-Assessment Examination / PRISE, MOC Part III recertification exam online study tool. Up to 52 CME/SAM credits.
Free CME/SAM from ARUP Laboratories Institute for Learning
• Barrett's Esophagus, posted 20May15; expires 20May17
• The Delta Check in Action: Causes and Consequences of Discrepant Laboratory Results, posted 4Mar15; expires 4Mar17
• Molecular Diagnostics of Solid Tumors, posted 5Feb15; expires 5Feb17
• Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) Using Cell-Free Fetal DNA for Prenatal Assessment, posted 14Jan15; expires 14Jan17
• Calcium Homeostasis and Vitamin D: What Are Vitamin D Tests Actually Measuring?, posted 23Dec14; expires 23Dec16
• Pheochromocytomas and Paragangliomas, posted 1Dec14; expires 1Dec16
• Diagnostic Error & Laboratory Testing, posted 26Mar15; expires 26Mar17
• One of These Tests Is Not Like the Other: Comparative Effectiveness, Cost Effectiveness, and Utilization Guidance in Pain Management Testing, posted 17Mar15; expires 17Mar17
• More CME/SAM Content Available at ARUP's Scientific Resource for Research and Education
• ASCCP. Free CME related to colposcopy / cervical cytology, 9 credits maximum.
• Johns Hopkins. Free CME based on bimonthly dermatology-related newsletters.
• Medscape. Free CME (more added regularly), some pathology related.
• Nuclea Diagnostics: Monitoring Soluble HER2 Levels in Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer. By Dr. Edith A. Perez, Mayo Clinic (Florida), 0.5 credits (free CME).
• OMedLive: Mantle Cell Lymphoma. By Drs. Julie Vose and James Armitage (University of Nebraska Medical Center), 1.0 credits (free CME).
Apps for iPad or SmartPhone
• IHC Antibodies, by Leica Biosystems. Free; mobile pathology resource application designed for Laboratory Managers and Pathologists looking for both routine and innovative IHC antibody products; includes over 1,500 IHC reagents with fully annotated images and educational information.
• PathLead, by Leica Biosystems. Free; mobile educational tool which includes an antibody citation index and extensive IHC image library; designed for use by healthcare professionals in the field of surgical pathology and diagnostic immunohistochemistry.
• Boardvitals Review for Clinical Pathology, Free; study for the Clinical Pathology Boards, Pathology MOC exams, and the RISE with this question bank app.
• FNA Reader, by Dr. Mohiedean Ghofrani. Free at iTunes store. A clinical decision support tool that assists healthcare providers in appropriately working up thyroid nodules based on the 2009 American Thyroid Association (ATA) Guidelines and The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology.
• HER2 Reader, by Dr. Mohiedean Ghofrani. Free at iTunes store. HER2 Reader is a simple clinical decision support app developed primarily for pathologists and oncologists who perform predictive marker testing for breast cancer.
• Johns Hopkins Atlas of Pancreatic Pathology, iTunes store, Video. Free iPAD application to teach pancreatic pathology, with 115 diagnostic entities, 1400 color images and 26 original medical illustrations.
• Pap Reader, by Dr. Mohiedean Ghofrani. Free at iTunes store. A simple tool for determining the appropriate management of various combinations of cervical cytology ("Pap") and HPV testing based on the 2012 Consensus Guidelines of the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP).
• BoardVitals Pathology Question Bank: Online, customizable, pathology board review question database for boards, RISE and MOC exams.
• Board review questions: link
• Books: link, updated monthly
End of CME / Apps / Board Review for Pathology or Laboratory Medicine