DOVER, DELAWARE (USA).
Central and Southern Delaware's largest healthcare system, Bayhealth is a progressive two hospital healthcare delivery system committed to the highest quality of care and services.
Bayhealth Medical Center offers excellent benefits including paid time off, CME/tuition reimbursement, 401k/retirement, etc. We are a two-campus system, approximately 30 miles apart, with rotation between campuses. You would be joining 5 other pathologists (3 full time and 2 part time) and a Pathologists' assistant. No autopsies. On-Call (one week) in rotation every 5th week, occasional late frozen sections, clinical calls, and rare transplant organ harvest biopsy examination. Hospital based practice with numerous interdisciplinary tumor conferences and strong cancer program.
This is a medical position performed in the Laboratory under standard operating procedures. The position requires decisions which are subject to be reviewed by the Medical Director of Laboratory Services. Exercises minimal supervision or work direction over employees in the areas of Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Hematology, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Histology, and Cytology and may occasionally provide training for new employees. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Doctor of Medicine with residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
• Certified as a Diplomat American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
Desired experience includes:
• Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology board certified or board eligible.
• 3 to 5 years' experience in general surgical pathology preferred but not necessary if the candidate has strong surgical pathology training or experience.
• Fellowship training in one of the following preferred but not necessary: Gastrointestinal pathology, pulmonary pathology, dermatopathology, gynecologic and/or breast pathology, neuropathology, blood banking, or hematopathology.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
• Sufficient sight (including color discrimination), manual dexterity, and mobility to function effectively in exercising job responsibilities.
Please apply online at:
[24 September 2020, #9934]