INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA (USA).
Covance is a global contract research organization which employs over 50,000 people throughout 60 countries and offers the world's largest central laboratory network. The company supports the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries as a leading provider of clinical trials solutions for all phases of development. Covance has contributed to each of the top 50 prescription drugs in the marketplace today and offers clinical testing services involving companion diagnostics, genomics, vaccines, biomarker testing, immunotherapeutics, and flow cytometry.
At our Indianapolis location, there is an opening for an AP/CP pathologist with training and/or experience in molecular genetic pathology. We are seeking a candidate to contribute specialized expertise to the Medical Affairs team, which includes a supportive group of seven on-site pathologists with experience in surgical pathology, clinical chemistry, immunology, cytopathology, and hematopathology. This is an opportunity to pursue a potentially promising career path at the cutting edge of development during a period of rapid discovery.
The ideal candidate will be board certified / eligible in anatomic and clinical pathology with a background in molecular genetic pathology and knowledge of related laboratory techniques. Experience is a plus, however candidates currently or recently completing fellowship training will be considered.
- Provide consultative and laboratory support to Covance and its internal and external customers.
- Medical decision-making, laboratory and other company functions that require a pathologist.
- Collaborate in global trials involving whole slide imaging and artificial intelligence platforms.
- Participate in the review and approval of new test offerings and service feasibilities.
- Review abnormal peripheral blood smears and other laboratory testing (e.g., SPEP).
- Participate in investigator meetings or client visits to provide medical support for clinical trials.
- Analyze and respond to medical and pathology-related inquiries by clinical trials customers.
- Implement quality standards and help assure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Collaborate in development and validation of methods and selection of appropriate tests.
- Board certification or eligibility in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
- Board certification or eligibility in Molecular Genetic Pathology is desirable, not required.
- Experience and/or training in Molecular and Genetic Pathology.
- Candidates currently or recently completing fellowship training will be considered.
- Previous CRO/Pharma experience and knowledge of CAP/CLIA inspection process is a plus, but not required.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please send CVs to Aileen Ondrako at email@example.com
. Thank you for your interest in opportunities with Covance.
[24 February 2020, #9362, exp. 19 November 2020]