University of Michigan Health System
ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN (USA).
The Department of Pathology at Michigan Medicine - University of Michigan located in Ann
Arbor, Michigan is seeking an MD or MD, PhD Forensic Pathologist.
The primary responsibilities will be associated with providing forensic and hospital autopsy services at the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor under the direction of Jeffrey M. Jentzen, MD, PhD, Professor and Director of Autopsy and Forensic Services Michigan Medicine. Last year we performed 412 forensic and 261 hospital autopsies at University Hospital. It is anticipated that this position will account for 85% of effort, with the remaining effort (15%) spent in the teaching of students, residents, and fellows, and other academic pursuits. Excellent diagnostic skills and board certification in Anatomic Pathology and Forensic Pathology are required within two calendar years of hire.
The successful candidate will be a fully credentialed member of the Department of Pathology at the University of Michigan. With over 206 faculty members achieving extramural research support totaling over $34 million dollars, the department is ranked 8th in NIH funding nationally. Educational programs include over 1,000 contact hours in the University of Michigan Medical School, one of the most highly ranked pathology residencies in the country, and multiple subspecialty fellowships including a forensic pathology fellowship program employing two fellows annually.
Ann Arbor offers a quality of life and amenities found in few other comparably sized communities. In 2018 alone, Ann Arbor was ranked as #6 on USAToday.com's list of the "25 Most Innovative Cities in the US", and #4 on their list of the "30 Best Cities to Retire", not to mention the #1 spot on Livability.com's list of "Top 100 Best Places to Live", ahead of Cambridge and Berkeley. As one of the main attractions for the city, the University of Michigan is ranked by Time.com as #9, ahead of Harvard and Yale, on their list of the "Best Colleges for your Money 2018."
Appointment will be at the level of Clinical lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor (clinical track), commensurate with the candidate's level of experience, board-certification status, accomplishments, and track record of academic achievement. Interested candidates should submit curriculum vitae, a cover letter detailing experience and future interests, and the names and addresses of three individuals who could provide letters of recommendation to:
Jeffrey Jentzen, MD, PhD
Professor of Pathology
Director, Autopsy and Forensic Services
Department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratories
Faculty Suite Rm. 36-1361-05
2800 Plymouth Rd, Building 35
Ann Arbor, MI 48109 – 2800
Phone: (734) 615-7173
The University of Michigan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
[18 December 2018, #6987f]