Computer Systems - AP / LIS
LigoLab Information Systems
Revised: 8 September 2013
Copyright: (c) 2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
Suren Avunjian: Suren@ligolab.com
LigoLab Information Systems is the leading provider of innovative healthcare software to laboratories nationwide. The integrated and agile solution is designed to meet the diverse needs of Molecular, Clinical and Anatomic Pathology laboratories. LigoLab supports, transforms and streamlines the complete life-cycle of laboratory operations. As a comprehensive enterprise-wide solution, LigoLab AP/LIS goes beyond the core workflow support and provides modules for outreach, document imaging, specimen security and tracking, client services, digital pathology, and consultative diagnostic reporting. LigoLab offers unique volume based pricing with no upfront licensing fees that aligns well with laboratory goals. LigoLab is the definitive choice for modern laboratories seeking process improvement, reduction of errors and increase in revenue.
Built in user/groups, can integrate to LDAP, full audit trail
Bar Code Capability
1D and 2D barcode compatibility, system can also support RFID labels
Built in data warehousing available, can also interface to a legacy data warehouse
Results may be distributed via our Outreach Solution (LigoLab Connect), Web/Mobile, Secure Email, Remote Printer, Fax, EMR/EHR, Printed in-house and sorted for courier delivery based on route etc.
Data entry is fully contained in the application without the need for any third party software (such as Microsoft Word) all elements are discretely stored in LigoLab LIS. Data entry can be made by:
Touch screen gross entry and histology capabilities.
Pathologist cock-pit: One workstage to access to all cases, supports barcoded specimens, with multiple work modes (sign-out, auto open of history and requisition, auto open next case, etc) and filters (by test/case type, status of pending cases).
- Macros and autotext commands/shortcuts
- A hierarchical Macro and autotext management is available, can be configured to be shared lab wide or private per pathologist.
- Wizard driven (based on specimen part) mode suggesting appropriate macros
- Voice dictation (compatible with Dragon Dictate)
Diagnostic result entry is intuitive and designed to cut down as many steps as possible for the pathologist, for example an entry of a macro could automatically fill in the content to the final diagnosis field, auto populate a linked micro diagnosis, grade the case, and place CPT and ICD-9 codes to the billing section. Hierarchical macro manager displays relevant and available macros based on the specified specimen/part associated with the case. Voice dictation/transcriptionist support is available for pathologists electing to dictate.
- Proprietary engine that supports presentation of data in PDF format with pixel-level accuracy.
- Report designer with configurable templates provides full ability to customize formatting and layout.
- Intuitive multi-tier system of templates provides users with a clear roadmap to customizing all aspects of report presentation.
- LigoLab reporting engine provides ability to define how cases for the same accession (patient/day) are grouped into reports.
- Report Grouping policy provides full ability to configure the grouping (all in one report, grouped by test, by panel, by test type, etc …)
- Additionally report grouping behavior can be setup lab-wide and/or per client.
- Proprietary engine is designed to produce competitive reports with any layout and format.
- Graphical functionality supports dynamic vector graphics, (personalized) charts, diagrams, and images.
Test Set-up for LIS
Powerful backend administration allows for configuration of test based on desired workflow, rules, and report layout.
Equipment Interfaces (LIS)
A library of over 300+ instruments, strainers, cassette/slide printers, etc.
Surgical Pathology, Cytopathology, Dermatopathology and/or Autopsy Features (AP)
LigoLab LIS comprehensively supports all department of AP and CP laboratory.
Built in camera drivers allow a one-click image acquisition of the microscope view onto the report, without the need to save and import the captured image.
Patient look up is available on all demographic parameters, support for Soundex and wildcard searching.
Web based, Mobile (phone/tablet), Remote Application (LigoLab Connect) and Remote Printing are all internet based reporting options available for customers.
Billing interfaces available to major billing applications and service providers.
Fully compatible with Dragon Dictate.
End of Computer systems - AP / LIS > Survey > LigoLab Information Systems