Ampulla of Vater
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 11 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● High incidence of follicular lymphoma in duodenum, usually periampullary
● May mimic pancreatic adenocarcinoma
● Associated with multiple small polyps
● Indolent behavior (Am J Surg Pathol 2000;24:688)
● 36 year old woman with diffuse large B cell lymphoma (J Gastrointest Cancer 2012;43:340)
● 43 year old man with combination follicular lymphoma of ampulla of Vater and endocrine tumor of common bile duct (World J Surg Oncol 2011;9:4)
● 56 year old woman with follicular lymphoma presenting as obstructive mass (Am J Surg Pathol 1997;21:484)
End of Ampulla of Vater > Other malignancies > Lymphoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).