Reviewer: Jaleh Mansouri, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 20 October 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Involves appendix in 25% of patients, may simulate acute appendicitis
● Rare to initially or only involve the appendix
● If limited to appendix, consider as granulomatous appendicitis; 90% of these patients do NOT develop disease elsewhere in GI tract
● Granulomas, transmural lymphoid aggregates, fissure-type ulcers
● Yersinia, Mycobacteria or Actinomyces infections
End of Appendix > Appendicitis > Crohn’s disease
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).