Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Radiology images | Gross images | Microscopic (histologic) images
Cite this page: Pernick N Undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma (MFH). PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/boneMFH.html. Accessed June 7th, 2020.
Definition / general
- Mean age 34 - 40 years but all ages, no gender predominance
- Sites: metaphysis of long bones, jaw
- Associated with bone infarcts (30%), foreign bodies, radiation (15%, Am J Surg Pathol 1986;10:9), Paget disease, dedifferentiation or transformation of chondrosarcoma, chordoma or giant cell tumor
- Behaves like a high grade sarcoma with a poor prognosis, particularly for older patients and secondary sarcomas
- Five year survival of 78% if prominent chronic inflammatory infiltrate