Bone chapter (nontumor and tumor)
Osteosarcoma - variants
High grade surface osteosarcoma
Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 1 August 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Very rare
- Occurs on surface of bone
- Same prognosis as conventional osteosarcoma, but poorer prognosis than parosteal (juxtacortical) osteosarcoma
- Surface tumor with variable mineralization
- Fish-flesh appearance of sarcoma
- Resembles conventional osteosarcoma
End of Bone chapter (nontumor and tumor) > Osteosarcoma - variants > High grade surface osteosarcoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other