Bone chapter (nontumor and tumor)
Non-neoplastic or metabolic disease
Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 29 July 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Synovitis, Acne, Pustulosis, Hyperostosis and Osteitis
- Variable and nonspecific histologic findings
- Often peculiar bone lesions of anterior chest wall and pustular dermatoses
- Mean age 35 years, range 5-63 years
- Early lesions resemble bacterial osteomyelitis with acute inflammation, edema, prominent periosteal bone formation
- Late lesions have markedly sclerotic bony trabeculae with prominent marrow fibrosis and mild chronic inflammation
End of Bone chapter (nontumor and tumor) > Non-neoplastic or metabolic disease > SAPHO syndrome
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other