Cite this page: Pernick N Secondary. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/bonesecondarychondrosarcoma.html. Accessed October 19th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Approximately 10% - 15% of chondrosarcomas arise secondary to a preexisting condition, including exostosis (solitary or multiple), chondrodysplasia, multiple chondromas
- Usually low grade with excellent prognosis
- Patients usually younger than conventional chondrosarcoma
- Usually presents as change in size or symptoms of preexisting lesion
- Chondroblastic osteosarcomas: more common in children