Cite this page: Secondary. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/bonesecondarychondrosarcoma.html. Accessed November 24th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Approximately 10% - 15% of chondrosarcomas arise secondary to a preexisting condition, including exostosis (solitary or multiple), chondrodysplasia, multiple chondromas
- Usually low grade with excellent prognosis
- Patients usually younger than conventional chondrosarcoma
- Usually presents as change in size or symptoms of preexisting lesion
- Chondroblastic osteosarcomas: more common in children