Breast malignant, males, children
General breast disease in males
Reviewer: Monika Roychowdhury, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 8 November 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
See also gynecomastia, papilloma, myofibroblastoma, carcinoma, metastases
● Rare - usually fibrocystic disease, fibroadenoma, phyllodes tumor (Mod Pathol 1992;5:114) or pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia
● 23 year old man with synovial cyst post-surgery (Ann Diagn Pathol 2005;9:219)
● 48 year old man with neurofibroma (World J Surg Oncol 2007;5:23)
● 49 year old man with solitary fibrous tumor (World J Surg Oncol 2008;6:16)
● 49 and 50 year old men with granular cell tumor (J Ultrasound Med 2011;30:1295)
● 66 year old man with fibroadenomas with digital fibroma-like inclusions (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2007;131:1126)
● 75 year old man with pleomorphic hyalinizing angiectatic tumor (Pathol Res Pract 2009;205:69)
● 76 year old man with undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma (J Breast Cancer 2011;14:241)
● Factitious disease due to injection of liquid plastic (Int J Dermatol 2001;40:743)
● Granular cell tumor of nipple (Acta Chir Belg 2008;108:112)
● Sclerosing adenosis at autopsy in man with pulmonary small cell carcinoma (Hum Pathol 1986;17:861)
Granular cell tumor
Epithelial inclusion cyst Neurofibroma Solitary fibrous tumor Undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma
End of Breast malignant, males, children > Male tumors > General breast disease in males
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).