Breast malignant, males, children
Ductal NOS mixed type carcinoma
Reviewer: Monika Roychowdhury, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 10 October 2012, last major update October 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Part of WHO classification
● Ductal NOS: >50% must have non-specialized pattern
● Mixed type carcinoma: 10-49% of tumor has ductal NOS pattern and remainder has a special pattern
● Mixed types are either mixed ductal and special type or mixed ductal and lobular carcinoma
● For special types with good prognosis when pure, mixed tumors often have intermediate prognosis between special type and ductal NOS
End of Breast malignant, males, children > Carcinoma subtypes > Ductal NOS mixed type carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).