Table of ContentsTerminology
Cite this page: Mammary intraepithelial neoplasia (MIN). PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/breastmalignantmin.html. Accessed January 17th, 2017.
- A general term to include both ductal and lobular intraepithelial neoplasia (Am J Surg Pathol 1991;15:209)
- Mammary intraepithelial neoplasia, NOS refers to lesions with intermediate or overlapping ductal and lobular features (Hum Pathol 2002;33:620)
- Some can be classified based on immunostains as ductal (E-cadherin+, high MW keratin-) or lobular (E-cadherin-, HMW keratin+), but others cannot
- May have classic histological changes of DCIS and LCIS merging in single lobular duct systems (Am J Surg Pathol 1980;4:241)
- Terminology is also used to describe type of mice (multiple intestinal neoplasia)