Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Case Reports | Treatment | Micro Description | Micro Images | Positive Stains | Negative Stains | Differential Diagnosis
Cite this page: Squamous cell carcinoma in situ / Bowen's disease. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/breastmalignantsquamouscellCIS.html. Accessed October 25th, 2016.
Definition / General
- Either intraepidermal tumor of nipple, or rarely a tumor of breast parenchyma (Am J Surg Pathol 2007;31:1414)
- Nipple tumor: wide local excision, possibly phototherapy (Breast 2005;14:65)
- Breast parenchyma tumor: standard treatment for DCIS (excision, possible radiotherapy)
- Obvious squamous features with diffuse atypia
- May be extensive, but no dermal or myoepithelial invasion