Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Epidemiology | Etiology | Clinical features | Treatment | Clinical images
Cite this page: Nipple inversion of breast. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/breastnippleinversion.html. Accessed May 22nd, 2018.
Definition / general
- Nipple is pulled inward in its entirety
- Congenital: usually caused by fibrous bands and hypoplastic ductal system tethering nipple in inverted position
- Acquired: due to duct ectasia, periductal abcess or cancer; also associated with large, pendulous breasts
- Grade I, II or III (Plast Reconstr Surg 1999;104:389)
- Interferes with nursing, may be confused with cancer