Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 29 August 2013, last major update February 2002
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: CD109[title]
- Also called Platelet activation factor
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored cell surface protein
- Carries the biallelic platelet-specific Gov antigen system; alloantibodies to HPA-15 residing on CD109 are implicated in refractoriness to platelet transfusion, fetal/neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia and posttransfusion purpura (Blood 2002;99:1692)
Positive staining (normal)
- Activation antigen for platelets and T cells; subset of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (Exp Hematol 1999;27:1282); myoepithelial cells (breast, prostate [basal cells] salivary and lacrimal glands, Pathol Int 2007;57:245); widely expressed in other tissues
- Invasive ductal carcinoma (breast), prostate adenocarcinoma
End of CD Markers > CD109
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other