Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 28 August 2013, last major update February 2002
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: CD142[title]
- Aka coagulation Factor III, thromboplastin, tissue factor
- Major initiator of clotting in normal hemostasis and many thrombotic diseases, via complex with factor VIIa
- Also binds zymogen factor VII, the inactive precursor form; once bound, a variety of serine proteases rapidly activate factor VII to VIIa via limited proteolysis
- Normally absent from all cells in direct contact with plasma
Positive staining (normal)
- Epidermal keratinocytes, glomerular epithelial cells and various other epithelia, adventitial cells of blood vessels, astrocytes, myocardium, Schwann cells, stromal cells of liver, pancreas, spleen and thyroid
End of CD Markers > CD142
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other