Cite this page: CD143. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cdmarkerscd143.html. Accessed June 26th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Aka angiotensin-converting enzyme, ACE, peptidyl dipeptidase A
- Involved in metabolism of angiotensin II and bradykinin; also cleaves substance P and LH-RH
- Patients with high activity have DD genotype, associated with MI, strokes, diabetic nephropathy
- Necessary for spermatozoa to bind to egg and associated with better penetration of egg
Positive staining - normal
- Endothelial cells of small/medium arteries, lung capillary endothelium, proximal renal tubule brush borders, basal ganglia neuropil, granulosa cells, Leydig cells, variable on other cells