Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 28 August 2013, last major update February 2002
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: CD143[title]
- Aka angiotensin-converting enzyme, ACE, peptidyl dipeptidase A
- Involved in metabolism of angiotensin II and bradykinin; also cleaves substance P and LH-RH
- Patients with high activity have DD genotype, associated with MI, strokes, diabetic nephropathy
- Necessary for spermatozoa to bind to egg and associated with better penetration of egg
Positive staining (normal)
- Endothelial cells of small/medium arteries, lung capillary endothelium, proximal renal tubule brush borders, basal ganglia neuropil, granulosa cells, Leydig cells, variable on other cells
End of CD Markers > CD143
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other