Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 August 2013, last major update February 2002
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: CD201
- Binds protein C in a calcium-dependent manner
- Aka Endothelial Protein C Receptor (EPC R), protein C receptor
- Protein C is a vitamin K dependent enzyme with major role in coagulation of blood; activated when thrombin binds to thrombomodulin on endothelium.
- Mutations in CD201 and thrombomodulin associated with late fetal loss; similar mutation associated with venous thromboembolism and myocardial infarction
Positive staining (normal)
- Endothelial cells (not in liver and kidney)
End of CD Markers > CD201
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other