Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 August 2013, last major update February 2002
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: CD202b
- Aka Tie2 (Tyrosine kinase with Ig-like loops and Epidermal growth factor homology domains), aka Tek
- Receptor tyrosine kinase at #9p21, binds to angiopoietin-1
- May be earliest mammalian endothelial cell lineage marker
- Involved in vein morphogenesis and communication between endothelial and smooth muscle cells for remodeling and repair of blood vessels
- Defects associated with inherited venous malformations
Positive staining (normal)
- Endothelial cells, hematopoietic cells
End of CD Markers > CD202b
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other