Cite this page: CD207. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cdmarkerscd207.html. Accessed October 24th, 2016.
Definition / General
- Aka langerin (Langerhans cell specific c-type lectin)
- Functions as endocytic receptor
- Localized to Birbeck granules
- Mannose binding to this protein may cause antigen internalization into Birbeck granules and access to a nonclassical antigen-processing pathway
Positive Staining - Normal
- Langerhans cells (immature dendritic cells of epidermis and mucosa)