Cite this page: CD85. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cdmarkerscd85.html. Accessed December 7th, 2016.
Definition / General
- Previously entire Immunoglobulin-like Transcript (ILT) family was clustered as CD85; now subclassified as CD85a to CD85m
- Also called Leukocyte Immunoglobulin-like Receptors (LIR) and Monocyte/Macrophage Immunoglobulin-like Receptors (MIR)
- CD85 itself is now called CD85J (see below)
- Family of immunoreceptors expressed on monocytes and B cells; lower levels on dendritic cells and NK cells
- Prevents NK / T cell killing and inhibits B cells by negative signaling receptors
- Note: some family members have activating functions (see specific family members below)