Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Epidemiology | Case reports | Treatment | Microscopic (histologic) description | Microscopic (histologic) images | Cytology description
Cite this page: CMV. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixcmv.html. Accessed July 19th, 2018.
Definition / general
- No treatment in healthy people
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Large, basophilic intranuclear inclusions or intracytoplasmic eosinophilic inclusions in occasional endocervical glandular epithelial cells
- Inclusions also in endothelial and stromal cells but not squamous cells
- Associated with fibrin thrombi, dense acute inflammatory infiltrate, lymphoid follicles, vacuoles in glandular cells, reactive changes in glandular epithelial cells
Microscopic (histologic) images
Images hosted on other servers:
- Involvement of glandular and squamous cells
- Cellular enlargement, nuclear enlargement and large nuclear inclusion surrounded by a halo "owl’s eye"
- Occasionally smaller nuclear or cytoplasmic inclusions