Adenocarcinoma of cervix - signet ring cell
Reviewer: Marilin Rosa, M.D., University of Florida (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 7 June 2011, last major update June 2011
Copyright: (c) 2006-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Primary signet ring cell adenocarcinoma of the cervix is unusual - metastatic signet ring adenocarcinoma to the cervix is more common (Int J Gynecol Pathol 2007;26:254)
● Associated with high risk HPV
● Large secretory vacuoles push nuclei to periphery
● May have prominent nucleoli
● Note that squamous cell carcinoma may have distended degenerative vacuoles that resemble signet ring cells
● Metastatic carcinoma from breast or stomach (Acta Cytol 2000;44:824)
End of Cervix-cytology > Carcinoma > Adenocarcinoma of cervix - signet ring cell
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).