Cite this page: Metastases to cervix. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixcytologymets.html. Accessed September 26th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Yield for positive Pap smear diagnoses in extrauterine malignancies is best in patients with an established diagnosis (Acta Cytol 1999;43:806)
- 17 year old with colon cancer metastatic to cervix presenting with abnormal pap smear (J Reprod Med 2005;50:793)
- 59 year old with recurrent colon carcinoma invading into uterus and cervix and presenting with HSIL at pap smear (J Low Genit Tract Dis 2005;9:236)
- 61 year old with metastatic salivary duct carcinoma (Diagn Cytopathol 1999;21:271)
- Immunohistochemistry panels will vary according to site of origin
- Clinical history important when selecting panels of immunostains