Reviewer: Marilin Rosa, M.D., University of Florida (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 June 2011, last major update June 2011
Copyright: (c) 2002-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Referred to as “early adenocarcinomas”
● Characterized by minimal stromal invasion
● Cytology is 30% sensitive for identification of stromal microinvasion (Diagn Cytopathol 1997;16:430)
● Atypical glandular cells forming pseudosyncytial clusters
● May have pleomorphic nuclei, coarse irregular chromatin, karyorrhectic nuclei, cell detritus
End of Cervix-cytology > Carcinoma > Microinvasive adenocarcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).