Cite this page: Endosalpingiosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixendosalpingiosis.html. Accessed May 24th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Glands lined by epithelium similar to fallopian tube, including ciliated cells
- A type of tubo-endometrioid metaplasia
- Typically affects pelvic and abdominal peritoneum, usually as an incidental microscopic finding but may be associated with ovarian serous neoplasms
- Benign but may have atypical epithelial changes
- Rarely forms a cystic mass florid cystic endosalpingiosis, (Hum Pathol 2002;33:944, Am J Surg Pathol 1999;23:166)
- May have psammoma bodies (J Reprod Med 2000;45:526)