Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Case reports | Microscopic (histologic) description | Microscopic (histologic) images | Positive stains
Cite this page: Perunovic B. Glial polyp. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixglialpolyp.html. Accessed June 1st, 2020.
Definition / general
- Very rare; "<100" cases reported
- Benign but may recur up to 5 years layer
- May be due to implantation of fetal brain tissue at curettage / abortion (Obstet Gynecol 1983;61:261), overgrowth of teratoma, ectopic glial tissue or neoplastia of Müllerian origin
- 50 year old woman with vaginal bleeding "(Case of the Week #135) "
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Discrete polypoid lesion of endocervix
- Moderately cellular glial containing bland astrocytes surround endocervical glands and invade storm
- Astrocytes are evenly spaced, have long radiating processes, no atypica, no biotic figures
Microscopic (histologic) images