Table of ContentsCase reports | Gross description | Microscopic (histologic) description | Differential diagnosis
Cite this page: Perunovic B. Melanosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixmelanosis.html. Accessed June 1st, 2020.
- Patient with melanosis of uterine cervix after cryotherapy for epithelial dysplasia (Am J Clin Pathol 1990;93:802)
- Flat, dark lesion up to 3 cm
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Benign pigmented melanocytes in basal layer of epithelium
- No thickening of epithelium
- Melanocytes are densely pigmented and dendritic but do not involve the stroma