Cite this page: Cytology/Competency Assessment - Germ Cell Tumors (GCT) . PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cnscytologycompgermtumors.html. Accessed April 30th, 2017.
Medical Knowledge, Practice Based Learning and Systems Based Practice
- Recognize characteristics of the patient population affected by GCT and its morphologic appearance as compared with GCT from other locations
- Recognize the most likely anatomic locations for GCTs occurring in the CNS
- Recognize the typical radiologic findings of GCT
- Recognize clinical features of GCT, including differences in incidence amongst males vs. females
- Identify treatment options for GCT and learn survival statistics for different GCT subtypes
- Recognize cytomorphologic features observed in different subtypes of GCT, including the utility of immunohistochemical staining in its diagnosis