Cite this page: Pernick, N. Secondary CNS lymphoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cnstumorsecondaryCNSlymphoma.html. Accessed July 17th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Defined as peripheral lymphoma with secondary involvement of CNS
- 9% of lymphoma patients in one study (Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol 1989;25:703)
- CSF involvement in 9% of mantle cell lymphomas (Mod Pathol 2002;15:1073)
- May involve dura, leptomeninges, cranial or peripheral nerves, vessels or CNS parenchyma
- Short median survival of 5 months (Ann Hematol 2006;85:45)