Coagulation laboratory tests
Factor XI assay
Reviewer: Jeremy Parsons, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 June 2012, last major update June 2012
Copyright: (c) 2002-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Determine by one step clotting activity assay, comparing dilutions of patient plasma to clotting times of dilutions of pooled plasma from normals
● Use plasma from individuals with <1% activity of immunodepleted normal plasma
● Can also use chromogenic substrate after add inhibitors to factor XIIa and kallikrein
● Levels may decrease during pregnancy
● J Clin Pathol 1975;28:332
End of Coagulation > Coagulation laboratory tests > Factor XI assay
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).