Colon non tumor
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 4 May 2013, last major update January 2013
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Primitive gut is divided into foregut, midgut, hindgut
- Midgut gives rise to cecum, ascending colon and right 75% of transverse colon (also distal duodenum to ileum)
- Hindgut develops into remainder of transverse colon to anorectal line
- During week 6 of fetal development, endodermal epithelium of gut tube proliferates and completely occludes the lumen
- Over the next two weeks, it vacuolates and recanalizes
- Maturation of haustra and tenia coli start from ascending colon and progress towards sigmoid colon (Early Hum Dev 2004;78:1)
End of Colon non tumor > Embryology
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other