Cite this page: Lymphoid follicular proctitis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/colonlymphoidfollicularproctitis.html. Accessed March 27th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Uncommon inflammatory condition confined to rectum
- Rectal bleeding and discontinuous endoscopic mucosal changes confined to rectum
- Does not progress to ulcerative proctitis or lymphoma (Dig Dis Sci 1988;33:314)
- Mesalazine suppositories (Korean J Gastroenterol 2006;47:420)
- Dense lymphoid infiltrate and follicular hyperplasia of mucosa with congestion; no ulceration; no neutrophils