Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Case Reports | Clinical Images | Micro Description | Micro Images | Positive Stains | Differential Diagnosis
Cite this page: Langerhans cell histiocytosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/colontumorLCH.html. Accessed February 20th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Uncommon site; present in ~10% of children with multisystemic disease (J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1999;29:462)
- Diagnose by rectal biopsy
- 5 month old baby with GI bleeding (J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1985;4:286)
- Aggregates of histiocytic cells with grooved nuclei, eosinophil rich background
- Non Langerhans histiocytoses: CD1a negative, CD64+