Perivascular epithelioid cell tumor of colon
Reviewers: Charanjeet Singh, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 16 May 2012, last major update May 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● May overlap with angiomyolipoma
● 7 year old Korean child with low grade PEComa (full text: Korean J Pediatr;53:975)
● 40 year old British woman with large, mainly extrinsic mass and monotypic type (J Clin Pathol 2005;58:1107)
● 43 year old Japanese woman with malignant tumor attached to colonic serosa (Pathol Int 2006;56:46)
● Cecal tumor in young woman (Dis Colon Rectum 2004;47:1734)
● Sheets of epithelioid cells with clear or eosinophilic cytoplasm
Low power; high power
● HMB45, smooth muscle actin and desmin
● S100, cytokeratin
End of Colon tumor > Mesenchymal tumors > Perivascular epithelioid cell tumor of colon
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).