Adenosquamous carcinoma of colon
Reviewers: Charanjeet Singh, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 October 2011, last major update September 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare (0.1 to 0.2% of colon carcinomas, Am J Surg Pathol 1978;2:47)
● Associated with ulcerative colitis
● Aggressive behavior (Dis Colon Rectum 1996;39:1265)
● Poorer prognosis with advanced disease than adenocarcinoma (Dis Colon Rectum 1999;42:258)
● Tumor of rectosigmoid junction (Am Surg 2006;72:754)
● With nodal metastases (J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2001;20:293)
● 78 year old woman with hypercalcemia (Int J Clin Oncol 2005;10:144)
● Malignant glandular and squamous components
● CD44 (squamous component, Arch Pathol Lab Med 2000;124:212)
● Dis Colon Rectum 2001;44:341
End of Colon tumor > Carcinoma > Adenosquamous carcinoma of colon
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).