Atheroemboli associated polyps of colon
Reviewers: Shilpa Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 October 2011, last major update August 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● May be associated with rectal bleeding (Am J Surg Pathol 1991;15:1078)
● 68 year old man with diabetes and 2 year history of bloody diarrhea (Am J Surg Pathol 1993;17:1054)
● Polypoid mass without clinical evidence of ischemia (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1994;118:308)
● Cholesterol emboli in polyp (J Clin Gastroenterol 1994;19:231)
● Edematous submucosa with superficial ulceration and atheroemboli in arterioles of submucosal polyps which may contain cholesterol clefts
End of Colon tumor > Polyps > Atheroemboli associated polyps of colon
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).