Carcinosarcoma of colon
Reviewers: Charanjeet Singh, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 14 October 2011, last major update September 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Also called sarcomatoid carcinoma
● Very rare
● 13 year old girl (Pathol Int 2008;58:445)
● 65 year old male with bowel perforation (J Korean Soc Coloproctol 2010;26:368)
● 80 year old woman with recurrent tumor (Surg Today 2003;33:545)
● 81 year old man with ascending colon tumor and liver metastases (BMC Cancer 2006;6:185)
● Invading mesentery and omentum (Clin Imaging 2005;29:259)
● Typical adenocarcinoma plus malignant spindle cells with bony or cartilaginous differentiation
● Cytokeratin for both components
End of Colon tumor > Carcinoma > Carcinosarcoma of colon
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).