Clear cell carcinoma of colon
Reviewers: Charanjeet Singh, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 14 October 2011, last major update September 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Variant of adenocarcinoma with intracytoplasmic glycogen
● Usually left colon
● Usually elderly men
● 65 year old woman with coexisting endometriosis (J Clin Pathol 2001;54:76)
● 68 year old man with death due to liver metastases (J Clin Pathol 1995;48:1142)
● 81 year old man with dizziness (J Clin Oncol 2011;29:e647)
● 89 year old woman (Int J Colorectal Dis 2004;19:264)
Glandular arrangement of clear cells
With vesicular nuclei and prominent nucleoli
● PAS, CEA
● Metastatic renal cell carcinoma: CEA-
End of Colon tumor > Carcinoma > Clear cell carcinoma of colon
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).