Glassy cell carcinoma
Reviewers: Charanjeet Singh, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 15 October 2011, last major update September 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare in colon; more common in cervix
● Considered a poorly differentiated adenosquamous carcinoma
● hCG production (Am J Surg Pathol 1996;20:187)
● Moderate ground glass or finely granular cytoplasm
● Cell wall is PAS+ and distinct
● Enlarged nuclei with prominent nucleoli
Low power; high power
● Focal hCG producing adenocarcinoma: (more common)
End of Colon tumor > Carcinoma > Glassy cell carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).