Reviewers: Charanjeet Singh, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 16 May 2012, last major update May 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● 8 year old girl with severe combined immunodeficiency (Pediatr Dev Pathol 2003;6:449)
● 35 year old man with leiomyomatosis involving colon and mesentery (Am J Gastroenterol 1986;81:385)
● Involving small intestine and colon (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1992;116:281)
● Along 35 cm of colon (Cancer 1977;39:263)
● Multifocal tumor masses in muscular layer
● Proliferating smooth muscle cells surrounded by prominent blood vessels
● No atypia; no / rare mitotic figures
End of Colon tumor > Mesenchymal tumors > Leiomyomatosis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).