World Health Organization (WHO) classification of colorectal carcinoma
Reviewers: Charanjeet Singh, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 15 October 2011, last major update September 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Adenosquamous carcinoma
● Mucinous (colloid) adenocarcinoma
● Signet ring cell carcinoma
● Small cell carcinoma (oat cell)
● Squamous cell carcinoma
● Undifferentiated carcinoma
● Medullary carcinoma
● References: U.S. National Cancer Institute, Hamilton: Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Digestive System (3rd Ed, Vol 2)-PDF
End of Colon tumor > Carcinoma > World Health Organization (WHO) classification of colorectal carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).