Cite this page: Pernick N. Keratinous cyst. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/earkeratinouscyst.html. Accessed January 26th, 2020.
Definition / general
- Common around external ear
- Related to branchial cleft or epidermal inclusion cysts
- Recurrence rate of 13% with punch incision technique (Dermatol Surg 2002;28:673)
- 58 year old woman with pigmented epidermal cyst (J Dermatol 1997;24:475)
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Lined by keratinized squamous epithelium, filled with keratin