Atypical regenerative hyperplasia
Reviewer: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 11 July 2013, last major update November 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Associated with chronic esophagitis, not neoplasia
- Also called reactive hyperplasia, pseudoepitheliomatous hyperplasia
- Architectural uniformity of immature and relatively monotonous sized small/medium keratinocytes mixed with inflammatory cells
- Pleomorphism and atypia are common in keratinocytes and endothelial cells
- Also mitotic figures
- No cytoarchitectural pleomorphism, no desmoplasia
Squamous cell carcinoma versus atypical regenerative hyperplasia
End of Esophagus > Non-neoplastic disorders > Atypical regenerative hyperplasia
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other