Reviewer: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 September 2013, last major update September 2013
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: Cicatrizing conjunctivitis [title]
- Cicatrizing: causing a scar and possibly affecting vision
- Conjunctival fibrosis due to chronic inflammation, leading to alterations of conjunctival architecture
- Dry eyes
- Loss of transparency and vision
- Positive direct immunofluorescence with IgA, IgM, IgG, complement C3, complement C4, and fibrinogen in autoimmune diseases
- Medical management varies according to specific causes
- Fibrosis and inflammation consisting of neutrophils, lymphocytes, plasma cells
- Keratinization of superficial layer, hyperplasia of basal layers
End of Eye > Conjunctiva > Cicatrizing conjunctivitis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other