Chronic actinic keratopathy
Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 October 2013, last major update February 2013
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Also called climatic droplet keratopathy or spheroidal degeneration
- Initially involves periphery of cornea, increases in severity and incidence with age
- Associated with long term exposure to excessive ultraviolet ligh
- Amorphous globules of protein accumulate in superficial stroma of interpalpebral portion of cornea
- Other disorders produce similar globules
End of Eye > Cornea > Chronic actinic keratopathy
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other