Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Pernick N. Cornea: nonspecific responses in cornea. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/eyecorneanonspecific.html. Accessed May 29th, 2020.
Definition / general
- Corneal edema may lead to intraepithelial vesicles and bullae between epithelium and Bowman layer
- Aberrant basal lamina may develop within corneal epithelium in response to some injuries
- Collagenous tissue (pannus) may accumulate between corneal epithelium and Bowman layer
- Blood vessels may be present in superficial or deep stroma after inflammatory conditions (normally cornea is avascular)
- Irregular thickening of Descemet membrane occurs with aging